QASymphony, an Atlanta-based company responsible for creating a number of advanced QA testing tools, has enjoyed a tremendous amount of business growth thanks to the efforts of its director of marketing, Reed Gusmus. An experienced digital marketing professional known for his specific expertise in the development of innovative B2B marketing strategies, Reed brings a uniquely valuable perspective to QASymphony.
Hailed as a visionary for his simultaneously creative and analytically rigorous approach to marketing, Reed favors a comprehensive strategy in matters of B2B digital marketing. As the director of marketing, Reed and his team recently developed a highly effective campaign promoting QASymphony’s JIRA test management capabilities that has earned a great deal of praise due to the volume of new customer acquisitions the campaign successfully generated.
1. What do you do for work?
As the director of marketing, I’m in charge of the marketing team at QASymphony.
2. Why did you choose to pursue a career in the field in which you currently work?
Not only am I incredibly passionate about digital marketing, I am also deeply interested in software development. I leaped at the opportunity to combine those passions through my position with QASymphony.
3. In what way does your professional role make it possible for you to have a positive impact on others?
QASymphony creates truly exceptional software testing tools that make a tremendous difference in the effectiveness and efficiency of software development teams. The implementation of our software makes it much easier for developers to create quality software products and significantly enhances productivity levels.
4. What is it that you enjoy most about living in Queensland, Australia?
The proximity to The Great Barrier Reef is absolutely wonderful, so I try to take advantage of every opportunity to see this phenomenal aquatic ecosystem from every angle possible.
5. What do you do for recreation?
I’m very interested in aviation and photography, and I have actually been able to combine my passions into a single recreational activity on multiple occasions.
6. If you could travel anywhere outside of Australia, where would you go and why?
I’ll always be especially fond of Atlanta due to all the great friends and co-workers I have had the pleasure of getting to know over the years.
7. Aussie rules football, cricket, rugby or something else?
I’m actually quite fascinated by all three sports, but cricket holds the most appeal for me at the moment.
8. Is there an Australian you admire or who has had a profound influence on you personally or professionally? Explain.
Lawrence Hargrave’s contributions to early aviation have inspired me on both a personal and a professional level.
9. What advice would you give to a first-time visitor to Australia?
Research the history and culture of Australia well in advance of your departure date. This will make your experience more meaningful and hopefully more enjoyable as well.
10. What is the funniest or strangest question a tourist has ever asked you about Australia?
I’ve met quite a few comical characters visiting from other countries, but I’ve never been asked any uncommon or strange questions from any tourist I have encountered over the years.